A professional license investigation is a difficult and stressful experience for any licensee. As licensed professionals ourselves, we understand the importance of keeping your license.
Our attorneys understand how the Pennsylvania Department of State conducts its investigations, through the Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs (“BPOA”). We also understand the processes used by the various boards and commissions, are familiar with their negotiation strategies, and know what it takes to defend a licensee.
The BPOA has an investigative body, the Bureau of Enforcement and Investigation, which is separate and distinct from the prosecution arm of the BPOA. If an investigation does not end in favor of the licensee, then the investigators turn the complaint over to their counterparts in the prosecution division.
We handle a full range of professional licensure issues including:
- applying for a license
- advising a licensee concerning rules and regulations
- appeal of licensing denials
- investigating, responding and negotiating investigations before and after charges are filed
- representing a licensee before the applicable board
- defending criminal charges related to the licensing matter
- representing the licensee in other licensing actions arising prior to and/or after the BPOA action
- representing the licensee who violates consent agreements
- representing licensees who are candidates for alternative or diversionary programs.
Contact Our Office
At Hornstine Law, LLC, we understand the rules, regulations, sanctions, and other issues facing the 29 different professions and occupations governed by the BPOA. We offer every licensee a free consultation and charge competitive hourly rates if you choose our legal services. Please contact one of our experienced licensing attorneys at 215-568-4968.